PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress is an international leadership training program open to undergraduate students from Kenya.
Brief Description: PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress is an international leadership training program open to undergraduate students from Kenya. The program helps students in moving their projects forward and assists them with university fees.
The goals of the PATHWAYS program are to develop the student’s leadership ability through supporting their efforts to improve their community, facilitate the education and encourage career development of individuals who are highly qualified academically, motivated, and dedicated to improving their country, provide mentoring to establish the future leader in his/her career and to assure the successful implementation of the community project and foster lifelong civic-minded collaborations among youth from different ethnicities.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- KCSE overall grade average of B or higher.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and educational skills.
- Be willing to identify a public primary school and offer mentorship to the pupils
- Be willing to identify a local/community women’s/youth self-help group and through PATHWAYS guidance assist them in starting and running a table banking enterprise and be willing to train them on how to start and succeed in running one or more income-generating activities.
- Three letters of recommendation from three different people in leadership positions who are familiar with your abilities and character (e.g. secondary school teachers/educational professionals, local administrators, religious leaders) (attach).
- Copies of KCPE/KCSE official results certificate (attach).
- Recent photo of student (will not be returned).
Study Program: It is an international leadership training program. Along with participation in this program, applicants can pursue an undergraduate program at University of Nairobi, Kenyatta University, Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology and the Technical University of Kenya.
Study Major: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
National/International Students: Applicants from Kenya can apply for this leadership training program.
Governing Body: PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress Organization
Scholarship Award: PATHWAYS offers the opportunity for students to apply for modest annual awards ($500) to help them move their projects forward and assists them with university fees. The program will cover most of the student’s university expenses toward a Bachelor’s degree not covered by any government or private grants for 2 semesters per year contingent upon satisfactory progress each year. The student is also expected to apply to PATHWAYS for a small grant to start the women’s table banking enterprise as well as support for the mentoring program.
How to Apply: The completed application and additional information should be sent to PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress (by airmail post or email). Checklist includes
- Completed application form
- Copy of KCPE/KCSE
- 3 separate letters of reference from different people
- Copy of Admission letter from the university
- Photo (smile)
- Good candidate essay 1 page
- Contribution to PATHWAYS paragraph
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2016.
For more details visit the official site