Australia Awards Scholarships for the Students of South Africans to undertake Masters-level studies in Australian universities.
Since 1997, nationals from South Africa have been sponsored by the Australian Government through the Australia Awards to Study in Australia. Applicants from South Africa are eligible to apply for Masters and Short Course Awards.
Priority areas are: Agricultural Productivity, Extractives, Public Policy (particularly infrastructure and economic policy, including trade policy).
Applications will also be considered in the following sectors: Education, Environment, Gender and Health.
- Applicant must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- Applicant must have at least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- If the applicant is public sector applicant, they must comply with the Government of Ghana regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- Applicant possesses, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) of at least 4 years in length with at least a 2:2 (2nd Class Lower Division).
- Applicant must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- Applicant must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
- Applicant must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook
Study Program: Awards are available to undertake Masters-level studies in Australian universities.
Study Major: Awards are provided in one of the priority fields of study: Agricultural Productivity, Extractives, Public Policy (particularly infrastructure and economic policy, including trade policy).
Scholarship Award: For holders of an Australia Awards Masters Scholarship, entitlements include the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters award. An economy class flight to and from Australia is provided and an approximate annual stipend of AUD 30,000 to cover living expenses whilst on the award in Australia. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also provided to cover Awardee’s basic medical costs. A one off Establishment Allowance of AUD 5,000 is payable to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing your course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items etc.). Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare to allow them to travel home midway through the course, but this is only available to Awardees whose course is for 2 years or longer.
National/International Students: Applicants from South Africa can apply for Masters Awards.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 December 2016.
For more details visit the official site