Barclays Bank of Botswana is offering scholarships for individuals who wish to pursue a master’s degree at a recognized institute of higher learning in Botswana. The deadline for applications is 29 June 2016.
Brief Description: Barclays Bank of Botswana is proud to announce the ninth round of request for applications from students who wish to pursue their Master’s Degree. The Barclays – F.G. Mogae Scholarship Fund was established in 2008 in honour of the former president of Botswana, Mr Festus Mogae.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Citizens of Botswana – People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Registered or intends to register for a Masters degree on a full-time basis and not on secondment with a company
- Falls within the top 20% of her/his respective class in the final two years of undergraduate studies and should have achieved an overall aggregate pass rate of 75%
- Clean criminal record.
Primary Award Criteria
- Academic Achievements which will include grades, GPA, and class rank
- Financial Needs
- Involvement in community and extracurricular activities
- Personal attributes.
Study Program: Scholarships are available for individuals who wish to pursue a masters Degree at a recognized institute of higher learning in Botswana.
Study Major: The desired courses of study are: Accounting; Economics; Engineering; Finance; Human Resources; Information Technology; Law; Marketing; Mathematics; and Business Management. Students from other fields of study may be considered at the discretion of the governing committee.
Host Organization: Recognized institute of higher learning in Botswana
Number of Awards: Not Known
National/International Students: Citizens of Botswana are eligible to apply for this scholarship. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Governing Body: Barclays Bank of Botswana
Application Procedure: Applications should be sent via post. Applicants will need to submit:
- Completed application form – available at all Barclays Branches
- Police Clearance
- Three letters of reference
- Motivation Letter
- Financial information summary
- Acceptance Letter from an institution of Higher Learning.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for applications is 29 June 2016.
For more details visit the official site.