Southern Methodist University (SMU) offers Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program for international students to pursue full-time MBA programme at SMU Cox School of Business.
Brief Description: The Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program is the most prestigious and competitive scholarship program at SMU Cox. This highly selective program awards 5 full-tuition scholarships each year to the best and brightest Cox MBA candidates.
Students selected as Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars have the opportunity to enhance their business school experience through unique travel opportunities. Scholars participate in career enhancing forums in New York City and Washington D.C. during Spring Break of each of their two years in the Full-Time MBA Program. In New York City, students will visit the New York Stock Exchange and some of the world’s leading financial institutions. They also travel to Washington, D.C. to broaden their awareness of the connections between business and government.
Eligibility: Strong candidates for the Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program will have the following attributes:
- Outstanding academic aptitude: Rigorous undergraduate curriculum (3.6+ GPA preferred) and Performance on the GMAT (700+ GMAT preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated in professional, academic, and/or community settings
- Significant work experience (minimum 3 years) and solid progression of professional achievement
- Clearly defined career goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of social responsibility and business ethics
Study Program: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time MBA programme at SMU Cox School of Business.
Study Major: Scholarships are awarded in the field of business administration.
Scholarship Award: Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program awards up to 5 full-tuition scholarships per year.
National/International Students: The US and international students can apply for these MBA scholarships.
How to Apply: The Cox MBA Admissions Committee strongly encourages you to use the Cox MBA Online Application. Complete application will contain the following components:
- Application forms found in the online application
- Professional résumé
- Essays (Two specific topics are required; you may submit a third supplemental essay only to address issues not covered in required essays)
- GMAT or GRE score taken within the last five years
- Degreed undergraduate transcripts
- If applicable: TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson Test of English score taken within the last two years (see International Applicants section for more information)
- Two professional references (names and contact information only, no letters) – people who can speak to your work-related skills and abilities
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is January 9, 2017.
For more details visit the official site