Czech Government Scholarships for the students of developing countries to pursue Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral degree program at public universities in the Czech Republic.
Brief Description: The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training): Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in which instruction is given in the English language. Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award; or
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
Study Program: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral studies/Language and preparatory studies at public universities in the Czech Republic.
Study Major: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics, Agriculture, Informatics, Environment and Energetics at public universities in the Czech Republic.
National/International Students: Czech Government Scholarships are available for foreign nationals from developing countries. A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
Governing Body: The Government of the Czech Republic
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the CR. The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently, the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month. The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.Costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the CR. Should healthcare exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover it at his/her own cost. Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the CR or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
How to apply: All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form available on the website stated in Chapter 2 and successfully register (i.e., obtain an application identification number by sending a completed application form to the pertinent authority electronically). The applicant shall send the completed application form to the Mission in electronic form, i.e., by completing online registration.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 September. Prospective Applicants are advised to address Concerning their inquiries, among others, their Eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their Countries.
For more details visit the official site