Eskom is offering Graduate training internship programme for South African applicants. Successful Applicants will be required to sign a 2 (two) year Internship Contract and will be paid a stipend according to Company Policies and Procedures. Internship application deadline is May 13, 2016.
Brief Description: Eskom generates approximately 95% of the electricity used in South Africa and approximately 45% of the electricity used in Africa. Eskom generates, transmits and distributes electricity to industrial, mining, commercial, agricultural and residential customers and redistributors. Additional power stations and major power lines are being built to meet rising electricity demand in South Africa. Eskom will continue to focus on improving and strengthening its core business of electricity generation, transmission, trading and distribution. Eskom buys electricity from and sells electricity to the countries of the Southern African Development Community (SADC). The future involvement in African markets outside South Africa (that is the SADC countries connected to the South African grid and the rest of Africa) is limited to those projects that have a direct impact on ensuring security of supply for South Africa.
Internship Field: Eskom is offering graduate training internship programme.
Internship Covers: This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Duration: Not Known
Internship Venue: Eskom, South Africa
Number of Awards: Not Known
Who Can Apply? South African applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Requirements for the interns:
-Construction Services and Bulk Material Services
Safety Health Environment & Quality Department
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Safety Management X5
Multi Axels and Ops and Brokerage Department
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Transport/Logistics Management X4
Logistics Support Department
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Business Management X2
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Environment Studies X1
-Risk and Resilience
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Safety Management X1
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Risk Management or Integrated Risk management X1
• BCom Business Management X2
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Marketing Management X2
-Finance and Governance
• BCom Finance/Accounting X4
• BCom Law/LLB X3
-Supply Chain Management
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management X4
-Turbo Gen Services (SHEQ and HCM)
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Safety Management X2
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Human Resources Management X1
• 3 years National Diploma/Degree Human Resources Development X1
-Skills and Competencies
• Computer Skills in MS Word, Excel
• Good leadership Skills
• Problem Solving/Conflict
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Honest and Reliable
• Adaptability to change
• Own initiative/forward thinker.
Governing Body: Eskom
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Submission Deadline: Internship application deadline is May 13, 2016.
For more details visit the official site.