The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) at University of Dundee in partnership with the energy industry is offering scholarship for Somali students. This is a fully funded scholarship available to pursue Mineral Law and Policy LLM programme. The application deadline is 15th July 2016.
Brief Description: Energy has enhanced our lives: we have never been more connected and, today, more people have better opportunities, better health and better living conditions. This progress has been dependent on reliable, accessible energy. Given the vital role of the energy sector, the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) in partnership with the energy industry is offering a fully funded postgraduate scholarship leading to the degree Mineral Law and Policy LLM.
Eligibility: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Be Somali or of Somali origin (if living in diaspora)
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Be willing to return to Somalia on completion of the LLM program to work for the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources for a minimum period of 2 years
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Work experience in the energy/natural resources industry is an advantage, though it is not a strict requirement for admission to the Masters programme
- Complete their application to the University of Dundee through UKPASS including provision of references and degree transcripts etc
- Provide a reason for application (supporting statement) no longer than 250 words directly to Alison Anderson (a.e.anderson-at-dundee.ac.uk) at the University of Dundee
- Applicants must agree to their personal information and information submitted as part of the application process being shared with the sponsor of this scholarship programme
Award Includes: The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- International travel costs to start the course and travel back to Somalia once the course is completed
Study Program: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (LLM) programme.
Study Major: Scholarship is awarded in the area of Mineral Law and Policy.
Host Organization: The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) at University of Dundee, UK
Number of Awards: Not Known
National/International Students: Applicants from Somalia can apply for this scholarship.
Governing Body: The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) at University of Dundee, UK
Application Procedure: All applications must be made through UKPASS.
Submission Deadline: The application deadline is 15th July 2016.
For more details visit the official site.