Merit Scholarship Programme for the students from IDB member countries to pursue Doctoral as well as Postdoctoral programme.
Brief Description: The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D. study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Health / Medicine, Agriculture / Food Production, Water Resources / Desertification, Energy / Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology and ICT for Development.
The Programme is also designed to help researchers to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative post-doctoral research project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy, etc.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for PhD study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research on or before the deadline;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Doctoral as well as Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: For PhD programme, fields of studies under the programme are determined by the priority needs of the country’s development in science and technology sectors and to supplement the IDB vision 1440H. The current focus is thus on the following fields of studies:
Health/medicine, Agriculture/ Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and pure Science subjects.
Applications for post-doctoral research are invited to undertake a specific innovative project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy. This is to focus on most crucial development areas of IDB member countries in addition to what it was highlighted in the IDB Vision 1440H.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
National/International Students: Applicants from IDB member countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: The applications must be submitted through the HEC. HEC will forward the eligible applications to the IDB. Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
Application Procedure for PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Apply online at HEC website, After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by the employer. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 500/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- Download the application form for 3-Year PhD Study OR application form for Post-Doctoral Research.
- Fill the same application forms and make two sets of printed online application forms (PhD or Post-Doctoral) (one original and 01 photocopies) along with research proposal/abstract in spiral binding (02 sets of application one each in a separate spiral binding).
- Print HEC online application form (one set) already submitted through HEC e-portal and attach bank deposit slip only with HEC application form.
- HEC will forward initially shortlisted candidates through IDB Governor office.
Please send two sets of IDB application forms along with research proposal/abstract in Spiral binding and one copy of HEC application form with bank deposit slip (in original) separately without spiral binding on or before, 27th January 2017 on the address given.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 27, 2017.
For more details visit the official site