The Institute for Advanced Study at CEU (IAS CEU) is seeking excellent applicants for the Affiliated Research Fellowships for the academic year 2018-2019.
Brief Description: The Institute for Advanced Study at CEU (IAS CEU) is pleased to invite applications for Affiliated Fellowships for the academic year 2018/19. Scholars from all research areas of the social sciences and humanities, broadly defined, may apply for this status. Affiliated fellows typically use their own funding or external fellowships to spend their research period, or parts thereof, at IAS CEU. The minimum stay is 3 months.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
- Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets will be considered.
- All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and CEU.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all research areas of the social sciences and humanities.
Scholarship Award: Fellows have access to all CEU facilities, including seminar and conference space, computer services, and library resources. They benefit from CEU’s vibrant international atmosphere, its strong ties in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and its location right in the center of Budapest.
National/International Students: Applicants from all over the world can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A cover letter (explaining why you would like to stay at the Institute and how you would contribute to the intellectual life at IAS CEU)
- The abstract of your research project (max. 150 words)
- A description of your research project (min. 1,000 – max. 2,500 words; the reference list is not included in the word count)
- A CV including a list of up to 5 (in case of junior applicants) and up to 15 (in the case of senior applicants) of your most important publications. For junior applicants ONLY: name and email address of two referees (for potential reference).
- To apply for the status of Affiliated Fellow please submit the above via e-mail in one PDF document with the subject line “AF Application 18-19” to IAS_applications-at-ceu.edu
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.
For more details visit the official site