The International Livestock Research Institute offers graduate fellowship for international applicants to undertake a PhD research project.
Brief Description: The International Livestock Research Institute works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity-building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 Centers of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification led by Kansas State University, supports the US Government Feed the Future goals of reducing global hunger, poverty and undernutrition.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Be registered as a PhD student at a University in social science, agricultural science or relevant disciplines;
- Having necessary academic background in gender and nutrition or related disciplines;
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas of Burkina Faso;
- Ability to work in a team and with smallholder farmers;
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to speak and read in French will be an advantage.
Study Program: Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD program.
Study Major: Fellowship is awarded in Gender and Nutrition.
Host Organization: The International Livestock Research Institute, Burkina Faso
National/International Students: International applicants can apply for this scholarship.
Governing Body: The International Livestock Research Institute, Burkina Faso
- Interested candidates should submit online through our recruitment portal on or before 30 July 2016 or until a suitable candidate is selected. The following documents should be included in the online application:
- Curriculum Vitae including three references with contact information.
- A cover letter describing the candidate’s interests in and qualifications for carrying out the research, referring to the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae as fitting, and highlighting any particularly relevant qualifications.
- A letter from your university attesting your student status.
Submission Deadline: The closing date for applications is 30 July 2016.
For more details visit the official site.