The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress offers Research Fellowships to both US and foreign students to pursue research programme in humanistic and social sciences, especially interdisciplinary, cross-cultural or multilingual.
Brief Description: The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress invites qualified scholars to conduct research at the Kluge Center using the Library of Congress collections and resources for a period of four to eleven months.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Scholars who have received a terminal advanced degree within the past seven years in the humanities, social sciences or in a professional field such as architecture or law are eligible. Exceptions may be made for individuals without continuous academic careers.
- Applicants may be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals. Upon selection, and in accordance with relevant visa regulations, foreign nationals will be assisted in obtaining the appropriate visa. To meet the minimum eligibility requirements, the degree must be formally awarded by the deadline date.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of humanistic and social science research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover $4,200 per month (up to 11 months).
National/International Students: US or foreign nationals can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
- A completed application form, in English
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages; additional pages will be discarded)
- A single paragraph abstract
- A statement of proposed research (maximum 3 pages)
- An explanation of why the Library of Congress is the required venue for your research (maximum 1 paragraph)
- A bibliography of works you have consulted for your proposal (maximum 3 pages)
- 3 references with completed reference forms from people who have read the research proposal.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2017.
For more details visit the official site