Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers MENA Scholarship Programme for Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia from Pursuing Short Courses in Netherlands.
Brief Description: The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Scholarship Programme (or MSP) offers scholarships to professionals from ten countries. The scholarships can be used for short courses in the Netherlands. The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The overall aim of the MSP is to contribute to the democratic transition in the participating countries. It also aims at building capacity within organisations by enabling employees to take part in short courses in various fields of study. Scholarships are available for short courses with a duration between two and twelve weeks.
Eligibility: To be eligible for an MSP scholarship, applicant:
- Must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- Must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format Must be endorsed in the statement;
- Must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organizations, bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- Must have an official and valid passport;
- Must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- Must not be over 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
Study Program: Scholarships are available for selected short courses at educational institutions in the Netherlands.
Study Major: Scholarships are awarded for a number of selected short courses in one of the following fields of study.
List of Subjects: Economics, commerce, management and accounting, Agriculture and environment, Mathematics, natural sciences and computer science; Engineering; Law, public administration, public order and safety and Humanities, social sciences, communication, and arts.
Scholarship Award: An MSP scholarship is a contribution to the costs of the selected short course and should supplement your salary which you must continue to receive during the study period. The scholarship covers:
- Subsistence allowance
- International travel costs
- Visa costs
- Course fee
- Medical insurance
- Allowance for study materials
- The allowances are considered to be sufficient to cover your living expenses during the study period.
National/International Students: Students from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia can apply for this MENA Scholarship Programme.
How to Apply: Applicants need to apply for an MSP scholarship directly at the Dutch education institution. Only the Dutch institution will provide information about the programmes, selection criteria, application procedures and deadlines. Applicants must have an official and valid passport.
Application Deadline: Applicants need to apply directly at the Dutch higher education institution of their choice.
For more details visit the official site