Newcastle University is inviting applications for partial scholarships awards to encourage applicants assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake Undergraduate and Master’s level study.
Brief Description: Newcastle University offers partial scholarship awards to encourage applicants assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake Undergraduate and Master’s level study. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. The University will consider each individual application and allocate scholarships based on its strategic and diversity priorities.
Eligibility: Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Vice-Chancellor’s International scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year.
- registered for one of the following eligible courses:
Undergraduate – All undergraduate degrees including integrated Masters
Masters – MA; MArch; MBA; MClinDent; MClinRes; MEd; MFA; MMedEd; LLM; LLM (by research); MLitt; MMus; MPH; MRes; MSc
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as ‘international’ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
- MPhil, doctoral (eg, PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Newcastle University intercalating students or placement, study abroad or exchange students. MSc Hydro informatics and Water Management (Euro Aquae) students are not eligible for this award.
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards.
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate and master’s degree programmes.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: 255 scholarships are available. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account.
National/International Students: International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Academic offer holders on an eligible course who have been assessed as international for fees purposes will be invited to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship. Details of how to apply will be emailed within 10 working days of an academic offer being made.
Application Deadline: There are three closing dates, February 28, 2017, May 5, 2017, and July 31, 2017.
For more details visit the official site