The Nigerian Conservation Foundation with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited offers research grants for Nigerian Citizens to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter head paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
Study Program: Grants are available for pursuing PhD programme at Nigerian university.
Study Major: Grants are awarded to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood.
National/International Students: Nigerian citizens can apply for this Research Grant.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is December 9, 2016.
For more details visit the official site