International School of Economics (ISET) at Tbilisi State University is now accepting applications for scholarships for international students for the academic year 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree program in Economics.
Brief Description: ISET is now accepting online applications for admission to the Master’s Degree Program in Economics in the 2017-2018 academic year. These Masters Scholarships are open for Local (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) and international students can apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility: To successfully complete the program, students must:
- Pass all first year courses (a grade of D- or above).
- In the second year, students must write a Master’s Project (15 credits) and complete and pass 15 elective courses (a total of 45 credits).
- In the second year, if a student is enrolled in a concentration he/she has to satisfy all concentration requirements, as formulated by the concentration coordinator.
- Write and successfully defend their Master’s Project.
- Meet the minimum overall GPA requirement of 2.67 (B-).
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing two-year master’s degree (MA) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 2,250 GEL
Amount you pay depands on the results of your performance at National Entrance Exams:
- If you receive 100% of the state grant (2,250 GEL), you pay 0 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 70% of the state grant (1,575 GEL), you pay 675 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 50% of the state grant (1,125 GEL), you pay 1,125 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 0% of the state grant (0 GEL), you pay 2,250 GEL in a year.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 3,000 USD
- Scholarships: ten scholarships are available for international students, covering up to 60% of tuition cost
- Stipends: outstanding students are granted monthly stipends, depending on performance
- Housing: International students will be considered for housing support in TSU dorms or ISET-rented apartments
National/International Students: Local (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) and international students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Applications are to be submitted online as follows:
- Complete an application form.
- Upload a statement of purpose – a one or two-page essay explaining your motivation to study economics and how a master’s degree in economics is related to your career goals and intellectual interests (in PDF format).
- Upload diplomas and transcripts from previously attended educational programs (BA/MA Degrees or equivalent). If the documents are not in English, please provide translated versions. All documents should be scanned and attached in PDF format.
- Upload your GRE or GMAT scores.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications for admission in the 2017-2018 academic year is April 27, 2017.
For more details visit the official site