Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies is offering TGCL scholarship starting on 1 October 2016. Scholarships are awarded for pursuing postgraduate study programme (LLM or PhD). The LLM scholarship is for a period of one year and the PhD scholarship for a period of three years. The deadline for applications is 15th January 2016.
Brief Description: Applications are invited, especially from candidates in the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda), for entry into a postgraduate study programme in law (LLM or PhD) offered by the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL). The call for applications for the study programme starting in the following year is usually published in September.
Award Includes: A scholarship will cover the University fee and a health insurance. An annual amount of 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for Non-Tanzanians will be paid to cover the cost of living. An additional lump sum of 30 EUR per month will be paid if you are not residing on campus. A once-off lump sum of 460 EUR for LLM and 920 EUR for PhD will be paid for the cost of research.
Study Program: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing postgraduate study programme (LLM or PhD) at the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL).
Study Major: Scholarships are available in Law.
Host Organization: Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL)
Number of Awards: Not Known
National/International Students: Candidates in the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) can apply for TGCL Scholarship.
Governing Body: Funded by the German Foreign Office through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Application Procedure: Please send your application for admission both as hard copy and as electronic copy. Your application must contain the following documents:
– a completed University of Dar es Salaam application form
– a signed curriculum vitae with clear evidence of periods of legal and other relevant education, training and practical experience; please use the Europass CV template
– one page letter of motivation
– certified photocopies of all relevant certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education, including provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies); in the case of documents not in English an official translation should be attached
– three letters of recommendation (signed and sealed)
– three passport-size photographs
– a release letter from your employer (if you are employed)
Submission Deadline: The deadline for applications is 15th January 2016.
For more details visit the official site.