Tiso Foundation offers Tertiary Bursary Programme for South African applicants to pursue degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning.
Brief Description: South Africa is rich with talent and potential, but because of funding constraints and few opportunities, so much of this potential is never fully realised to the detriment of the socio- economic development of our country. The Tiso Foundation through its Tertiary Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives. The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full-time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
Study Program: Bursary is available for pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning.
Study Major: The bursary is open to all fields of studies offered at a registered university or the University of Technology in South Africa with a particular focus in the fields of Engineering, Science, Commerce and Medicine.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Please have the following documentation ready for application:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Copy of your latest academic results
- Academic reference
- Proof of household income e.g payslips and 3 months bank statements.
- If you are studying at university, a copy of your latest student accounts statement
- Certification if your parents or legal guardians are deceased
Application Deadline: Applications for 2017 will close on the 30th of October 2016. No applications will be accepted after this date.
For more details visit the official site