The Science Faculty offers a number of scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees:
Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject. Applicants can apply to be considered if they:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
Award Includes: Scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for a study on the courses listed above.
Study Program: Scholarships are available for the postgraduate degree programme.
Study Major: Scholarships are tenable in following subjects:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
Host Organization: University of Portsmouth, UK
National/International Students: Ghanaian and Nigerian Applicants can apply for this scholarship.
Governing Body: University of Portsmouth, UK
Application Procedure: Please complete the scholarship application form and submit this to our International Admissions Centre either via email or post (details below) by no later than 31 July 2016. Successful scholarship applicants will be required to accept their place on the programme within four weeks of notification in order to obtain the reduction in the fee.
Submission Deadline: The applications deadline is 31 July 2016.
For more details visit the official site.