The University of Tokyo at the School of Engineering is offering up to 20 Summer Scholarships for international students to Study Abroad.
Brief Description: The School of Engineering at the University of Tokyo will be holding its 2017 Summer Program from June 26 to August 4, 2017. This program offers top-class international undergraduate and graduate students a short-term research experience in the basic and translational sciences in our world-leading laboratories. We kindly ask you promote the program to your students.
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements (a-e).
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a UTokyo partner university or other institution designated by the School of Engineering.
- NOTE: Undergraduate applicants must have completed at least two full years of study in a bachelor’s degree program by the time the summer program begins.
- Strong record of academic performance.
- High level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79, or IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or equivalent (if the applicant is not a native English speaker or if English is not applicant’s first language).
- Interested in pursuing a PhD.
- Have not taken part in this program before.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the Summer Program from June 26 to August 4, 2017.
Study Subject: This program offers top-class international undergraduate and graduate students a short-term research experience in the basic and translational sciences in their world-leading laboratories.
Scholarship Award: Stipend: JPY 80,000 (fixed; amount independent of program length)
(FUTI recipients ineligible for this stipend)
Note: FUTI (Friends of UTokyo, Inc) Awards are for students enrolled in US universities.
Accommodation: off-campus accommodation
Travel costs such as round-trip aeroplane tickets from the student’s home country to Japan, domestic travel expenses in Japan, or transportation fees from the student’s home to their nearest airport are not included in financial support for this program.
National/International Students: Students from around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Personal statement Word Format
- Official certificate of enrollment
- Academic transcript, undergraduate courses (for undergraduate students and graduate students)
Certified academic transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended from freshman year to the present.
- Academic transcript, graduate courses (for graduate students)
Certified academic transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended from the first year of graduate school to the present.
- A copy of the applicant’s TOEFL Examinee Score Report or a copy of the applicant’s IELTS Test Report Form, if the applicant is not a native English speaker or if English is not the applicant’s first language.
- Letter of recommendation
At least one letter of recommendation must be issued by a faculty member at the applicant’s current institution who is familiar with the applicant’s educational background, academic performance, and motivation for attending the 2017 Summer Program. Your supervisor must upload your recommendation letter directly to the T-cens system. Please refer to the “how to upload a letter of recommendation” guide.
- A copy of passport If the applicant does not have a valid passport, a census register or other available proof of citizenship should be submitted.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 25, 2017.
For more details visit the official site